Another day, another ice cream sundae–oops, I meant fitness challenge. Well, at least a balance between the ice cream sundae and exercise time..
Raise your hand if you are 100% sure that you are doing your crunches the right way! If you raised your hand, I am so proud! Pat yourself on the back. If you did not raise your hand, I am still so proud, give yourself a pat on the back! For those who don’t doubt they are doing them the right way, skip on down to the bottom. Everybody else, here are a few pointers for crunches:
- Make sure you are doing them in a space free of any potentially harmful objects on the gorund (yes, a shoe could be potentially harmful, especially a stiletto heel)
- Begin by laying flat on your back on the ground.
- Bend your knees and place feet firmly on the ground (or raise to be straight in the air, making a 90 degree angle with your torso)
- Arms should go behind your head, keeping elbows open. (Don’t use your arms to pull your head up!)
- Engage your abs and keep them engaged for the duration of your crunches.
- Lift your torso until your shoulder blades are fully raised from the ground.
- Make sure you are not pushing your chin into your chest, keep your neck long.
- Breathe in and out as you perform a crunch.
Here’s a picture of the correct posture (I call him Marshy — because he looks like a marshmallow:))
Onto the numbers for today.
Day 7: Repeat this cycle 3 times throughout the day.
- Push-Ups: 11 x (multiplier)
- Crunches: 18 x (multiplier)
- Squats: 18 x (multiplier)
- Plank Hold: 18 seconds x (multiplier)
- Toe Raises: 18 x (multiplier)
What’s your multiplier?
If you’re just tuning in, check out the prior fitness day challenges to catch up.
Thanks for reading!